These crispy chickpeas are one of my favourite savoury study snacks. They’re crispy and salty and couldn’t be easier to make as you only need 6 ingredients.
I’m not a fan of long stories before recipes so I promise I’ll keep this one to a few sentences. However, I do have a fond memory of when I had crispy chickpeas for the first time. It was at my husbands’ parents place. His mum makes these delicious crispy chickpeas with garlic and herb salt which she serves alongside roasted vegetables and greens for dinner. I absolutely loved them (still do!).
While I love them as a snack, these crispy chickpeas are also great in nourish bowls as well as wraps. They’re super easy to make and while they do take 25-30 minutes in the oven to roast, they require all of 2 minutes to prepare beforehand. I like adding oregano, paprika and cumin to my chickpeas, however, you can also add other spices or herbs if you have any personal favourites.
If you’re looking for more savoury snacks, make sure to also check out these recipes:
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please let me know how you go in the comments and don’t forget to tag me @nothangryanymore in your creations on Instagram. I love seeing them!
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add them to a bowl.
- Add the dried oregano, ground cumin, paprika, olive oil and salt to the chickpeas and mix everything together.
- Transfer the chickpeas onto a baking tray lined with baking paper or a silicon mat.
- Roast the chickpeas for 25-30 minutes at 180°C fan until crispy.
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 3 days.