These zucchini and polenta breakfast muffins are delicious and perfect to take-away. Whether you go to uni or work, they make the perfect snack.
Every now and again I like to change things up a bit from the old avocado toast or birchermüesli and overnight oats which are the frequently reoccurring breakfasts in our household. And as far as my non qualified nutrition knowledge goes… The amount of different vegetables that these muffins contain makes me think that they MUST be pretty damn healthy.
Oh and did I mention that they only take 10 minutes to put together? Plus the 20 minutes in the oven so you can bake them to perfection while having a shower before heading off to bed, only to wake up with delicious muffins waiting for you in the kitchen. Of course, please take them out of the oven BEFORE going to bed. No-one likes a brick of coal for breakfast…
Anyway, I hope you enjoy making and eating these zucchini and polenta breakfast muffins. Please let me know what you think in the comments and tag your creations on @nothangryanymore on Instagram.
Zucchini and Polenta Breakfast Muffins
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 200 g flour
- 100 g polenta
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 200 g water
- 50 g extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g zucchini
- 2 spring onion
- 100 g frozen corn
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly oil your muffin tray with olive oil to ensure the muffins won't stick to the tray once baked.
- Into a large bowl, add the flour, polenta, salt, dried oregano and baking powder. Mix.
- Pour in the water and olive oil and mix with the dry ingredients.
- Now add the grated zucchini, chopped spring onion, corn and pumpkin seeds and mix with the rest of the batter until spread evenly throughout the batter.
- Divide the batter between the twelve muffin holes in the tray. I like to use a tablespoon to fill up the holes neatly.
- Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes at 180°C. Let cool slightly before eating. Enjoy!