Happy Pancake Day! To be honest, I have no idea why it’s Pancake Day today, but any day that celebrates my favourite sweet breakfast is a good day. Whenever I have enough time in the morning and feel like something sweet, you can find me in the kitchen making a batch of pancakes. And more often than not, it’s exactly these pancakes here.
I think you’ll agree with me that the fluffier a pancake is, the better. In my pre vegan days that was always super easy to achieve, but since going vegan this has definitely been a challenge. There is hundreds of vegan pancake recipes out there, but a lot of them kinda end up a little soggy, too chewy or gloopy. Just not really as fluffy and pancakey as I like my pancakes to be.
Anyway, I took it upon myself to figure out how to make delicious and fluffy vegan pancakes without using any crazy ingredients. At least in my household all the ingredients used in this recipe are pantry staples.
Personally, I love to pair my pancakes with an easy raspberry sauce, which I’m sharing with you today too, as well as fresh berries, mint and more maple syrup. Oh and of course, a delicious homemade chai latte!
I really hope you enjoy this recipe. Please let me know how you find it and don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @nothangryanymore. We’d love to see your creations!
Until next week,
Super Fluffy Pancakes with Raspberry Sauce
- 300 g organic white flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 500 ml oat milk (any other plant based milk works too)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g full cream coconut cream
- coconut oil for cooking
- 100 g frozen raspberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp water
- In a large bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a medium sized bowl or jug, combine apple cider vinegar, oat milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut cream.
- Pour the liquids into the dry ingredients and gently stir together until just combined. Let the mix rest for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, heat up a fry pan on medium heat.
- Cover the surface of the fry pan with about one tablespoon of coconut oil. Add one soup ladle full of pancake batter to the pan and cook until golden brown (takes about 2-3 minutes). Flip the pancake and cook the other side until golden brown too (takes about 1-2 minutes).
- Repeat the last step until all the pancakes are cooked. Serve with raspberry sauce, maple syrup and fresh berries or whatever you like to put on your pancakes. Enjoy!
- Add all the ingredients into a small to medium sized saucepan and cook on medium heat until the raspberries are starting to fall apart and turn into a sauce. Stir occasionally.