This Choc Chunk Banana Bread has been our go to for a while now. It’s fluffy, chocolate-y, super easy to make and just overall delicious.
Banana bread is something I didn’t grow up with, but moving to Australia you can buy it in pretty much every single cafe (that is, if you’re not vegan). If you’re eating plant based, finding a delicious slice of banana bread on the go is a bit trickier, so I usually just make my own. Plus it’s a great way to use up old and overripe bananas that I otherwise wouldn’t eat anymore.
The batter is made within 10 minutes and made with ingredients that you probably already have at home. It’s also quite versatile. You can easily swap the chocolate chunks for sultanas and swap the almonds for a different nut.
If you’ve got a sweet tooth, you might also like to try these delicious treats:
I hope you love making and eating this choc chunk banana bread just as much as I do. Please let me know what you think about it in the comments or tag me on Instagram @nothangryanymore with your creations. I love seeing them!
Choc Chunk Banana Bread
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 100 g plant based milk
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 overripe bananas (about 270g)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g sunflower oil
- 100 g raw sugar
- 100 g almond meal
- 160 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 50 g dark vegan chocolate
- 50 g almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan.
- Into a small jug add the plant based milk and apple cider vinegar (acv), stir and let sit for about 2-3 minutes.
- Into a large bowl add the bananas and mash thoroughly. Add the salt, vanilla extract and sunflower oil and mix together with the mashed bananas.
- Next, pour the plant based milk/acv into the large bowl and mix everything together.
- Add the raw sugar and almond meal and mix. Then fold in the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Chop up the chocolate as well as the almonds. Fold all the chocolate chunks and half (25g) of the chopped almonds into the batter.
- Transfer the batter into a lined and greased baking tin and sprinkle the rest of the chopped almonds on top.
- Bake the banana bread for about 50 minutes at 180°C fan.
- Once baked, cool down the banana bread slightly before devouring it. Enjoy!
This is a great recipe, easy to make and absolutely delicious.
Thanks Andrea! I’m glad you liked the banana bread 🙂