These sweet little vegan raspberry-coconut muffins have been a go-to in my kitchen for years now. They’re simple, delicious and look pretty cute too. So cute in fact, sometimes I have one for breakfast, even though they’re most definitely a dessert kinda muffin.
Personally, I love the combination of raspberry and coconut. These two ingredients go really well together, especially in desserts.
The batter for these muffins is made in 1 bowl and within 30 minutes. You don’t even need an electric mixer – that’s how easily they’re made! However, make sure your plant-based milk is at room temperature when mixed with the coconut oil. Otherwise the oil will solidify and form little clumps. The muffins will still taste really nice that way, but won’t be as moist as they could be.
If you’re looking for more delicious and easy desserts, make sure to check out these recipes:
And if you’re in the mood for savoury muffins – try my Zucchini and Polenta Breakfast Muffins.
I hope you enjoy making these raspberry-coconut muffins. Please let me know how you go and don’t forget to tag me in your creations on Instagram @nothangryanymore. I love seeing them!
Raspberry – Coconut Muffins
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 80 g coconut oil melted
- 300 g oat milk room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 200 g caster sugar
- 300 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100 g shredded coconut
- 150 g frozen raspberries
- Icing sugar for decoration (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a muffin tray with paper cups.
- Into a bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, oat milk (at room temperature) and vanilla bean paste. Whisk together until well combined.
- Add the sugar, flour and baking powder in to the bowl and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Now add the shredded coconut and frozen raspberries and carefully fold them into the batter.
- One by one, fill up the muffin cups until about 3/4 full
- Bake the muffins at 160°C for 18-20 minutes. Once baked, let the cool down.
- Once cooled, sprinkle some icing sugar on top and enjoy!