These Miso, Macadamia & White Chocolate Cookies are an absolute crowd pleaser. They’re chewy, sweet and simply delicious. The white chocolate stays gooey inside, the miso gives it a little bit of umami depth, and the macadamia nuts give the cookies some crunch.
This recipes is an adaptation of the classic choc-chip cookie recipe from my free eBook. These cookies are fail-proof and incredibly easy (and quick!) to make. You only need 8 ingredients and 10 minutes to make the dough. Once you have shaped the cookies into individual balls, you can store them in the fridge or even freezer and bake them on demand.
Personally, I’m not a fan of any vegan white chocolate chips that I’ve come across so far. So for this recipe I’ve chopped up a vegan white chocolate block instead. In Australia, the Sweet William White Chocolate is available in Coles and that’s the one I’ve been using for this recipe.
If you love cookies, make sure to also check out these recipes:
- Pistachio and Cranberry Shortbread
- Anzac Biscuits
- Orange Almond Christmas Cookies (which are just as delicious throughout the year!)
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please let me know how you go and don’t forget to tag me in your creations on Instagram @nothangryanymore. I love seeing them!
Miso, Macadamia & White Chocolate Cookies
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 25 g white miso paste
- 75 g nuttelex or vegan butter
- 50 g white caster sugar
- 100 g brown sugar
- 150 g flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 50 g vegan white chocolate
- 50 g macadamias
- Add the white miso, nuttelex, white caster sugar and brown sugar into a bowl. Cream for about 5 minutes using a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Add the flour and baking soda and fold it into the mixture.
- Roughly chop the white chocolate and macadamias and fold them into the mixture.
- Take out one tablespoon at a time and roll the dough into a ball.
- At this point, the cookie dough can be store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 180°C fan and lay out the cookies onto a baking tray lined with baking paper or a silicon mat. Usually, 5 cookies fit nicely onto 1 tray.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes at 180°C fan.
- Once baked, let them cool slightly and enjoy!