These Asparagus and Nectarine Bruschetta are refreshing, creamy, sweet, summery and simply divine. They’re a great appetizer at a party or summer picnic, but also make a delicious breakfast. If you’re celebrating Christmas in Summer then these bruschetta would make a tasty and easy addition to your fabulous Christmas spread.
The bruschetta are made within 10 minutes and only require a handful of ingredients. The baguette is toasted and the asparagus are blanched. Both give the bruschetta some crunch. The basil and lemon zest add freshness while the nectarine adds sweetness. The avocado is responsible for bringing creaminess.
This combination of flavours practically scream spring/summer and I could easily eat these bruschetta every day. I recommend making them immediately before serving otherwise the avocado can oxidise. However, you can blanch the asparagus and cut the nectarine ahead of time.
If you’re looking for more appetizer or party snacks, then make sure to check out these recipes:
I hope you enjoy making and eating these Asparagus and Nectarine Bruschetta. Please let me know how you go and don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram @nothangryanymore. I love seeing them!
Asparagus and Nectarine Bruschetta
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 1 baguette
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 nectarine
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan.
- Cut 8 slices off the baguette and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle olive oil over the baguette. Toast the baguette for 2-3 minutes in the oven at 180°C fan.
- Bring a small pot of water to the boil.
- Wash the asparagus and peel the stems. Cut the asparagus into 3cm pieces. Blanch the asparagus for 2 minutes in the boiling water. Then rinse the blanched asparagus with cold water. Place the cooled asparagus into a medium-sized bowl.
- Cut both the nectarine and avocado into small cubes before adding them to the bowl.
- Now add the fresh basil and lemon zest to the bowl and mix everything together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a tablespoon of the mixture onto the toasted baguette slices and serve with an extra drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.