This potato salad has to be one of the best and easiest salads I’ve ever made. It’s just delicious. While the pickles give it some crunch, the mayo makes it really creamy. And of course, there’s potatoes which are delicious to begin with. The fresh dill gives this salad some much needed freshness and if you ask me, you can never go wrong with adding capers and mustard to your potato salad.
I find that potato salads have something very humbling about them. They remind me of summer picnics and overall good times. This recipe has proven itself to be a crowd pleaser. It works great as part of a bigger spread, for example at a BBQ but I also like to make it for weekday lunches.
Personally I like using cocktail potatoes for this salad, but you can also use larger waxy potatoes and cut them into bite sized pieces.
If you like interesting, delicious and non-boring salads, then you might also like these recipes:
I hope you enjoy making this recipe. Please let me know how you go and don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram @nothangryanymore. I love seeing them!
Easy Potato Salad with Capers and Dill
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 1 kg cocktail potatoes
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo (or use store bought)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp caper liquid
- 2 tsp capers
- 40 g pickles
- 1 small shallot
- 1 handful fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the potatoes to a pot and cover them with water. Cook for 25 minutes or until a pairing knife can easily be stabbed through the potato. Rinse the potatoes under cold water and cut them into halves or quarters. Transfer the potatoes to a serving bowl.
- To a small bowl, add the vegan mayo, olive oil, caper liquid and mustard. Mix everything together and pour the dressing over the potatoes. Mix the potatoes with the sauce.
- Now thinly slice the shallot, cut the pickles into small pieces and roughly chop the fresh dill leaves. Add them to the potatoes together with the capers.
- Mix everything together and season with salt and pepper.