I’m warning you – these Pretzel Bites are addictive! Nobody has ever eaten just one – going back for a second, third, forth one is a given. I know that’s quite a big statement, but I’m serious. They’re the delicious, salty, soft and chewy snack you’ve always been missing.
You might think it can’t get much better than that… well, I’ll tell you a secret: pair them with my Caramelised Onion Dip. Mind-blowingly delicious!
If you’re hosting a bunch of people and need lots of snacky foods then don’t forget to check out these recipes for more fun, delicious and flavourful party snack ideas:
I hope you love these pretzel bites as much as I do. Please let me know how you go in the comments and don’t forget to tag me @nothangryanymore in your creations on Instagram. I love seeing them!
- 30 g vegan butter (e.g. nuttelex)
- 100 g water
- 50 g soy milk
- 4 g dried active yeast
- ½ tsp raw sugar
- 250 g flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- 2.5 L water
- ½ tbsp salt flakes
- Heat up the vegan butter, water and soy milk until the butter has melted and the mixture is lukewarm. This can be done in a pot on the stovetop or in a bowl in the microwave.Make sure the mixture is not hotter than finger temperature. Otherwise the yeast will die. IF the mixture is too hot, let it cool down until it's lukewarm.
- Add the yeast and sugar to the liquids, stir and let sit for a few minutes.
- Into a bowl, add the flour and salt and mix.
- Pour the liquid yeast mixture into the bowl with the flour and mix. Once the dough has come together, take it out of the bowl and knead the dough for about 5 minutes until smooth.
- Once the dough is smooth, place it into the dough and cover it with a wet tea towel. Rest for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, take it out of the bowl and divide it into 20 equally sized pieces. Shape each piece into a round ball.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan bake.
- Bring a pot of water (2.5 litres) to the boil and add the baking soda. In two batches, place the dough balls into the water for 30 seconds, then remove then and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle salt flakes on top of the pretzel balls and bake the balls for 13 minutes at 200°C fan bake.
- Once baked, remove the pretzel balls from the oven and let cool down. Serve with a delicious dip or enjoy on its own!