These Orange Almond Christmas Cookies are delicious, festive, sweet, delicate and 100% gift-worthy.
Baking Christmas cookies is something I’ve done every single year since I can remember. I used to kneel on the dining table chair as a little girl, helping out my mum stencil out batches and batches of cookies that we would then gift to friends and family and of course enjoy some for ourselves.
These Orange Almond Christmas Cookies make a great gift. They don’t only look incredibly cute, but they also taste festive and oh so delicious. They’re vegan, of course, but also gluten free, so you can gift them to pretty much anyone who is hard to give presents to.
If you’re on the hunt for more sweet Christmas recipes, check out these:
I hope you love these cookies just as much as I do. Please let me know what you think. Did you gift them to someone? Let me know in the comments or tag me on Instagram @nothangryanymore.
Orange Almond Christmas cookies
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 100 g coconut oil soft or melted
- 80 g caster sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 150 g buckwheat flour
- 50 g almond meal
- 90 g icing sugar
- 15 g water
- 1 tbsp dried flowers
How to make the dough
- To a bowl, add coconut oil, sugar, salt, cinnamon, cardamom and the juice and zest of one orange. Whisk everything until fully combined.
- Add the buckwheat flour and almond meal to the bowl and fold in until combined with the rest of the dough.
- With your hands, shape the dough into a log and wrap in cling film. Leave it in the fridge to rest for at least 1 hour.
- Once the dough has rested take it out of the fridge and dust a flat surface with buckwheat flour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Roll the dough out until about 5mm thick.
- With a cookie cutter, stencil out the shapes and lay them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake the cookies at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- After baking, let them cool down completely before decorating them.
How to decorate
- To a small, preferably shallow bowl add icing sugar and water. Mix until combined.
- Dip the cookies into the icing, decorate them with dried flowers and let them dry on a baking rack.