This tomato-avocado-peach salad is the perfect fresh Summer salad. It’s going to be your new go-to whenever you have a BBQ planned. I promise. It’s so easy to make, yet so delicious, healthy and it looks damn good too!
The sweetness of the tomatoes and peaches work so well with the slightly sharp rocket and the creamy avocado. Oh and there’s also roasted pine nuts involved… yum!
If you love interesting and creative salads – check out these:
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Crispy Black Beans
- Barley and Broccoli Salad with Tahini Dressing
- Cauliflower, Pear and Walnut Salad
I hope you enjoy this tomato-avocado-peach salad. Please don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram @nothangryanymore. I’d love to see your recreations!
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 2 white peaches
- 1 handful pinenuts
- 1/4 red onion
- 3 truss tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado
- 50 g rocket
- fresh basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- Heat up a non stick fry pan and toast the pinenuts until golden.
- Slice the peaches into 5mm thick slices and lightly coat them in olive oil. Heat up the fry pan again and fry them on each side until the slices start to caramelise and show a little colour. Alternatively you can grill them on the bbq until they have nice dark grill marks on them.
- Thinly slice 1/4 red onion. Cut the Tomatoes into 5mm thin slices and do the same with the avocado.
- To a platter, add the rocket, then layer the tomato, avocado and peach on top.
- Garnish the salad with the sliced onion, some fresh basil leaves, toasted pine nuts, salt, pepper and some olive oil. Enjoy!