This festive cocktail is so easy to make, a child could make it for you. (Obviously don’t do that.)
But in all seriousness, it’s a delicious and festive drink, perfect for Christmas Day when you want to feel all fancy schmancy. Plus, if you made my Christmas Fruit Mince Pies you already have the brandy in your drinks cupboard anyway, so you won’t need to buy many extra ingredients for this cocktail.
I hope you love this recipe. If you make it please don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nothangryanymore or write me in the comments.
Brandy Old Fashioned
- 1 orange
- 1 tsp brown sugar (muscovado or coconut sugar)
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 50 ml brandy
- ice cubes, the bigger the better (big ice cubes will dilute your drink less and keep it cooler for longer)
- 3 dried sour cherries
- Peel of one large slice of orange peel.
- Into a chilled short tumbler/old fashioned glass (or any glass you like, we don't judge here), add the sugar and bitters and muddle.
- Add the brandy and stir.
- Add the ice cube(s) and stir for another 30 seconds until the drink is chilled, then add the orange peel.
- Finish the drink off with some dried sour cherries, either on a tooth pick or just dropped into the drink. Cheers!