I’m super excited to share this recipe with you! Raw vegan cheesecakes are one of our absolute favourite desserts. These little cheesecakes are vegan and gluten free and only use 8 ingredients. It’s a great dessert and I usually make it when non-vegan family and friends visit us as it’s super delicious and they love it just as much as I do.
The cheesecakes have a nice sweetness to them and are really creamy. The base is made of dates, almond meal and chia seeds. The filling contains cashews, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla. And as for the topping…you can choose any fruit you like! I like these with fresh strawberries or for more tart cheesecakes I love topping them with passion fruit.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and if you do, please tag us @nothangryanymore on Instagram.
8-Ingredient Raw Vegan Cheesecake
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 150 g medjool dates pitted
- 70 g almond meal
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 400 g raw cashews soaked in water overnight*
- 50 g maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- about 80 g of your favourite fruit/berry I like to use strawberries or passionfruit
- Add the dates, almond meal and chia seeds to a food processor or blender and mix until well comined. Press the mix into the muffin tray** and leave aside.
- Drain soaked cashews and add them to the food processor together with the maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla bean paste. Blend well until soft and creamy. Fill the mix into the muffin forms on top of the base.
- Place the muffin tray in the freezer for 2-4 hours, depending on how solid you like your cheesecake.
- About an hour before serving, add your favourite fruit on top of the cheesecakes and put the tray back into the freezer OR or serve the fruit fresh on top of the cheesecakes.