Although I love an extravagant and big breakfast, the reality is that most days I simply eat overnight oats. They’re delicious, take 5 minutes the night before to prepare and give me lots of energy in the morning.
I’m a big fan of overnight oats. If you follow me on Instagram you’ve probably noticed that already!
The recipe I’m sharing with you today is my go-to. I make these oats multiple times a week and am yet to get bored of them (which will never happen because these oats are awesome and delicious and you should make them for brekkie tomorrow!). If you don’t have some of the ingredients, then you can easily swap them out for others. You can add your favourite nuts and seeds, and you can leave out ingredients that you don’t like.
In the morning, I like to top my oats with fresh fruit and peanut butter. Sometimes I also add a little coconut yoghurt and if I have fresh mint in the garden, then I’ll add some mint leaves too. Again, you can make it your own and top your oats with whatever your heart desires.
If you love quick breakfasts, you might also like these recipes:
I hope you like this easy breakfast recipe. Please let me know how you go and don’t forget to tag me in your creations on Instagram @nothangryanymore.
Easy Everyday Overnight Oats
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 75 g rolled oats (about 1 cup)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp sultanas
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 200 g oat milk
- peanut butter
- fresh fruit (kiwifruit, banana, apple, berries – whatever is available will work)
- coconut yogurt
- fresh mint
The night before
- Add all the dry "overnight oats" ingredients into a breakfast bowl, glass or plastic container and mix.
- Then add the oat milk and maple syrup and mix with the dry ingredients.
- Put a lid or plate onto the container and place the oats into the fridge overnight.
The next day
- Add some freshly cut fruit or berries, peanut butter, coconut yogurt and mint to finish off your breakfast. These toppings are an easy way to mix up your breakfast und make them a little different every day. Enjoy!