This Double Chocolate Granola is a great way to start your day. We’ve all heard that chocolate makes us happy and I can honestly say, that eating this granola in the morning always brings a smile to my face. You just can’t be grumpy or sad when you’re eating good food.
It is super easy to make and while it takes some time in the oven to bake, you can make a large batch that will last you for a few days. This will make your breakfast routine a lot quicker whenever there is not a lot of time on your hands. The granola is chocolatey but not overly sweet and contains a variety of different, wholesome ingredients. Plus, it’s super versatile. So if you don’t have a particular ingredient, just swap it out with something similar!
I love to alternate this granola with my go-to overnight oats. These two are definitely my go-to quick breakfast options at the moment.
If you’re looking for more breakfast ideas, make sure to check out these recipes:
- Zucchini and Polenta Breakfast Muffins
- Simple Porridge with Blueberries
- Easy Homemade Baked Beans on Toast
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please let me know what you think and don’t forget to tag me in your creations on Instagram @nothangryanymore. I’d love to see them!
Double Chocolate Granola
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 40 g coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 50 g rice malt syrup
- 180 g rolled oats (can use gluten-free oats if desired)
- 40 g coconut flakes
- 100 g buckwheat kernels
- 100 g cashews roughly chopped
- 40 g linseeds
- 40 g pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 40 g puffed quinoa or other puffed seed/grain
- 40 g vegan dark chocolate roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan bake.
- Into a pot, add the coconut oil, vanilla bean paste and rice malt syrup. Heat up on low temperature until the coconut oil has melted.Alternatively, add the same ingredients into a bowl and microwave until the coconut oil has melted.
- Into a large bowl, add the rolled oats, coconut flakes, buckwheat kernels, chopped cashews, linseeds, pumpkin seeds, ground cinnamon, cacao powder and salt. Mix.
- Pour over the melted coconut oil mixture and mix with the dry ingredients.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake the granola for 25 minutes. After 15 minutes take out the tray and mix the granola again to ensure even baking, then bake for another 10 minutes.
- Once the granola is baked, let it cool down completely before adding the puffed quinoa and chopped chocolate.
- Transfer the granola into a jar or enjoy it straight away with some fresh berries, fruit and/or coconut yoghurt.