These carrot cake overnight oats are a great alternative to your regular overnight oats. It’s a filling and delicious breakfast that’s simple enough to make, it might even become a new go-to. It’s also very versatile. You can easily skip, swap and add nuts, seeds and dried fruit in this recipe (according to what you like or have in your cupboard) and still end up with a tasty breakfast.
Overall it’s a pretty healthy and wholesome breakfast that’s not overly sweet and it contains all the flavours that remind me of carrot cake. I’m thinking cinnamon, cardamom, sultanas and of course carrot. It takes all of 5 minutes to make them the night before and you have yourself a delicious breakfast the next morning. I love serving it with a homemade cashew-orange cream or plant based yoghurt with a handful of roasted hazelnuts and a sprinkle of hemp seeds.
If you’re looking for more easy breakfast ideas, check out these recipes:
I hope you like these carrot cake overnight oats. Please let me know how you go and don’t forget to tag me in your creations on Instagram @nothangryanymore. I love seeing them!
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 1 carrot (about 80g)
- 40 g rolled oats
- 2 tsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp sultanas
- 1 tbsp almond meal
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/16 tsp ground nutmeg (use a tiny, tiny amount – nutmeg can be quite strong)
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 200 g oat or soy milk
- 1 tbsp cashew-orange cream (or plant based yoghurt)
- 1 tbsp roasted nuts* (e.g. hazelnuts)
- The night before, finely grate the carrot and add all "overnight oats" ingredients into a container and mix. Add a lid and store the container in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, top your overnight oats with cashew-orange cream or vegan yoghurt and a handful of your favourite roasted nuts.