This 8 Ingredient Roasted Fennel Salad is light and refreshing, yet satisfying. While the roasted fennel and almonds give this salad depth, the avocado makes it creamy. And of course, the orange, dill and parsley are responsible for the refreshing touch. It’s made with only 8 ingredients and doesn’t require a lot of hands-on time.
I understand that fennel may be a daunting vegetable for some. It’s flavour profile basically screams “aniseed” which is something not all of us like. If you’re unsure about fennel, I highly recommend roasting it. The aniseed flavour isn’t as strong once the fennel is roasted and the vegetable gets really soft and sweet from the caramelisation.
This salad works great as an addition to a bigger spread or as a light summer meal on its own. It’s also great for lunches to take to work or uni.
If you like fun and delicious salads and you’d like more recipes, check out the following:
- Barley and Broccoli Salad with Tahini Dressing
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Crispy Black Beans
- 8-Ingredient Summer Salad
I hope you like this 8 Ingredient Roasted Fennel Salad. Please let me know how you go and don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram @nothangryanymore. I love seeing them!
8 Ingredient Roasted Fennel Salad with Avocado & Orange
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 700 g fennel bulb
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 30 g almonds
- 1 handful parsley leaves
- 1 handful dill leaves
- 1 orange
- 1/2 avocado
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the fennel bulb in to wedges and place it on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil (about 1 tbsp) and add a pinch of pepper and salt. Roast for 40 minutes at 180°C fan.
- After 30 minutes, turn the fennel around and add the almonds to the tray to roast for the last 10 minutes.
- While the fennel and almonds are roasting, cut the orange into segments.
- Squeeze the leftover of the segmented orange and mix the juice with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small dish. This is the dressing.
- Once the fennel and almonds are roasted add them to a serving dish. Add the parsley leaves, dill leaves and orange slices. Cut the avocado into chunks and add them to the salad. Lastly, pour over the orange juice and olive oil dressing and season with some more salt and pepper.