This festive fruit and nut granola has it all. It tastes like Christmas in a bowl. It’s got the roasted nuts, the spices and the dried fruit. However, I think the star of this granola is the orange juice, which the granola is tossed in before baking.
The granola itself is really easy to prepare and doesn’t take a lot of time either. I love serving my granola with coconut yoghurt, a bit of oat milk as well as some fresh orange.
I hope you enjoy making this festive fruit and nut granola. Please let me know how you go in the comments and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nothangryanymore when sharing your creations. I love seeing them!
Oh, and if you’re after more granola recipes, check out my Double Chocolate Granola. So delicious and chocolate-y!
Festive Fruit and Nut Granola
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 150 g rolled oats (sub. with gluten free oats)
- 100 g buckwheat kernels
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 50 g cashews chopped
- 50 g almond chopped
- zest from 1 orange
- 40 g coconut oil
- 50 g rice malt syrup
- 20 g molasses
- juice from ½ orange
Ingredients added after baking
- 40 g sultanas
- 40 g dates chopped
- 20 g cranberries
- 50 g puffed quinoa
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan bake
- Add all dry ingredients into a big bowl and mix.
- Add the wet ingredients in to a pot and heat until the coconut oil has melted.Alternatively, add the wet ingredients into a small bowl and microwave until the coconut oil has melted.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake the granola for 20 minutes at 160°C.Stir the granola after 15 minutes to ensure even baking.
- Once the granola is baked, let it cool down completely before adding the puffed quinoa, sultanas, chopped dates and cranberries.
- Transfer the granola into a jar or enjoy it straight away with some fresh orange and/or coconut yoghurt.