This festive fruit and nut granola has it all. It tastes like Christmas in a bowl. It’s got the roasted nuts, the spices and the dried fruit.
While the oats act as the base of the granola, the buckwheat kernels (or buckini), cashews and almonds give this granola its crunchy texture. The spices and dried fruit are responsible for making this granola taste festive and Christmassy. However, I think the star of this granola is the orange juice, which the granola is tossed in before baking. The orange juice gives this granola some extra sweetness and floral aromas.
The granola itself is really easy to prepare and doesn’t take a lot of time either. I love serving my granola with coconut yoghurt, a bit of oat milk as well as some fresh orange.
Oh, and if you’re after more granola recipes, check out my Double Chocolate Granola. So delicious and chocolate-y! And if you are looking for more festive breakfasts, make sure to give this Christmas Birchermuesli a try.
I hope you enjoy making this festive fruit and nut granola. Please let me know how you go in the comments and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nothangryanymore when sharing your creations. I love seeing them!
Festive Fruit and Nut Granola
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 150 g rolled oats (sub. with gluten free oats)
- 100 g buckwheat kernels
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 50 g cashews chopped
- 50 g almond chopped
- zest from 1 orange
- 40 g coconut oil
- 50 g rice malt syrup
- 20 g molasses
- juice from ½ orange
Ingredients added after baking
- 40 g sultanas
- 40 g dates chopped
- 20 g cranberries
- 50 g puffed quinoa
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan bake
- Add all dry ingredients into a big bowl and mix.
- Add the wet ingredients in to a pot and heat until the coconut oil has melted.Alternatively, add the wet ingredients into a small bowl and microwave until the coconut oil has melted.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake the granola for 20 minutes at 160°C.Stir the granola after 15 minutes to ensure even baking.
- Once the granola is baked, let it cool down completely before adding the puffed quinoa, sultanas, chopped dates and cranberries.
- Transfer the granola into a jar or enjoy it straight away with some fresh orange and/or coconut yoghurt.