Some days I love a refreshing smoothie bowl for breakfast. They’re very easy and fast to make and so delicious – YUM! My favourite flavour is mixed berries and today I’ll share my go-to smoothie bowl recipe with you.
Probably the most important ingredient in this recipe is the fresh lemon juice. Trust me, it makes the difference. I find that smoothie bowls can be quite heavy sometimes and the lemon juice not only cuts through all the heaviness but also brings out the flavour of the berries a lot more.
As you can probably see from the photos, I get a bit carried away with the toppings on my smoothie bowl. I just really find it fun to use lots of different things like cacao nibs and buckwheat kernels, roast shredded coconut and peanut butter. And the toppings make this breakfast even more delicious and nutritious! Of course, you can change your toppings to your liking and make your own unique smoothie bowl.
I hope you like this recipe and if you do, please tag us on @nothangryanymore on Instagram so we can see your creations.
Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowl
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 1 Frozen medium banana (about 125g)
- 200 g Frozen mixed berries (e.g. raspberry, blueberry, blackberry, strawberry)
- 100 ml Almond milk
- 1/2-1 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- Cacao nibs, shredded coconut, buckwheat kernels, peanut butter, chopped almonds, fresh fruit, chia seeds
- Put the frozen banana, mixed berries, almond milk and fresh lemon juice into your food processor or blender and mix until well combined. Taste and add more lemon juice if desired.
- Put smoothie into a bowl and top with your favourite toppings. Enjoy!