This asparagus zucchini cavatelli pasta dish is light, fresh and perfect for summer.
It’s getting warmer by the day, but that doesn’t mean I’ll stop eating pasta anytime soon! Instead I’ll change out my Winter favourite, the deep red tomato pasta, with my new Summer love: green Spring vegetables, olive oil, and creamy vegan cheese.
Now you might think: What on Earth are cavatelli? Cavatelli are an eggless pasta made from semolina flour and are traditionally served with broccoli. Personally I love them with just about any green vegetable. However, if you are unable to find cavatelli in your local shop, don’t worry. You can easily substitute cavatelli with casarecce or orecchiette pasta.
If you love pasta, then make sure to check out these recipes:
I hope you have fun cooking and eating the asparagus zucchini cavatelli. Please let me know how you go and don’t forget to tag me in your creations on Instagram @nothangryanymore. I love seeing them!
Asparagus Zucchini Cavatelli
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 250 g cavatelli pasta (casarecce works well too!)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus chopped into 5cm pieces
- 1 small zucchini finely sliced (with mandolin if possible)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- vegan cultured cashew cheese*
- fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a pot of water. Once the water is boiling, add a generous amount of salt and the cavatelli pasta. Cook the pasta until al dente (usually I cook it about 3 minutes less than what the packaging instuctions recommend).
- To a fry pan, add olive oil and heat it up. Then add the thinly sliced zucchini and asparagus and let cook for a few minutes.
- Once the pasta is al dente, strain it and add it to the fry pan. Mix everything together.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest and basil leafs and lightly stir the pasta.
- Serve with the vegan cultured cashew cheese, and an extra pinch of salt and/or pepper. Enjoy!