This pasta al limone is super flavourful, delicious, refreshing yet comforting. Lemon and pasta is a combination that I think is not talked about enough. This lemon pasta dish is zingy, incredibly flavourful, very easy to make and just…delicious!
I wasn’t kidding when I said this is a really easy meal to cook. It literally takes 10 minutes to make, so it’s the perfect weeknight dinner when you feel exhausted after work and just want to sit down and relax. The good thing is, it’s still super delicious and looks kinda fancy. And if you want to serve it with some greens, go for it! Personally I think broccolini works really well with this pasta dish.
If you love pasta, then you might also want to try these recipes:
Anyway, I hope you enjoy making and eating this pasta al limone. Please let me know how you go in the comments or tag me on Instagram @nothangryanymore with your creations. I love seeing your pictures!
Pasta al Limone
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 250 g spaghetti
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 150 g soy milk
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp fresh parsely
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel two strips of the lemons peel and finely julienne. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, add salt and then cook the spaghetti until al dente (in my experience that means cook the pasta 2-3 minutes less than what the packaging says).
- While the pasta is cooking, add the olive oil, garlic and zest of the rest of the lemon into a saucepan and fry the garlic for about 30 seconds. Then add the soy milk.
- Let the sauce heat up until small bubbles can be seen. Then add the nutritional yeast and about 2 tbsp of pasta water.
- Just before the pasta is done, add the lemon juiceof 1/2 lemon, parsley, black pepper and salt and stir.
- Now drain the pasta and add it into the sauce. Make sure it's evenly coated. Enjoy!