This one pot butter bean pasta is delicious, comforting, flavourful and makes a fantastic quick and easy dinner.
If you have followed me on Instagram lately then you would’ve seen this dish on my stories multiple times of the last week or two. This meal has very quickly become one of my favourite easy and cheap dinners. Not only is it delicious but also requires very little clean up. Which is great for everybody.
Oh and it makes exceptional leftovers! If you know me at all you’d know that we are pasta re-frying obsessed in this household 😂
While the butter beans and soy milk add some creaminess to the sauce, the sundried tomatoes and nutritional yeast give it an umami-boost. The parsley adds some herbaceous freshness while the caramelised onion give the dish some sweetness.
If you love pasta, you might also like to try these recipes:
I hope you enjoy making and eating this one pot butter bean pasta as much as I do. Please let me know what you think in the comments below and don’t forget to share your creations with me on Instagram @nothangryanymore. I love seeing them!
One Pot Butter Bean Pasta
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 30 g sundried tomato
- 250 g butter beans (= 1x400g can once drained)
- 100 g frozen spinach (kale works too)
- 200 g soy milk
- 500 g pasta (large shapes work best for this pasta)
- 1.5 L water
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- chili flakes for topping optional
- Roughly chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat up a big pot and add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and garlic and let cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent.
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into strips and rinse the butter beans. Add them to the pot together with the frozen spinach and soy milk. Cover to pot and let everything cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add 1.5L water to the pot and bring to the boil. Once the water is boiling add the salt (as if normally salting pasta water). Then add the pasta and cook as long as the packing says.
- Once the pasta is al dente and the water has mostly evaporated, add the nutritional yeast. Taste. Add extra salt and/or pepper if needed as well as some freshly chopped parsley and chili flakes. Enjoy!