This Christmas Birchermuesli is delicious, sweet, wholesome and takes only 5 minutes to make the night before.
It’s a busy time… the lead up to Christmas. Most of us will be working loads, going out more often than any other time of the year, and on top of that it’s about to get real summery on this side of the planet. This breakfast recipe is perfect for those of you who want to start the day on the healthy side before indulging in all the yummy Christmas treats (which don’t you worry will show up very soon on the blog too!)
These overnight oats are so easy to make, yet they’re delicious and will keep you in the Christmas spirit while giving your body energy to start the day.
If you like Christmas inspired, then you might also like to try my festive fruit and nut granola.
Anyway, let’s get mixing ingredients – there’s not even any cooking involved, that’s how EASY this recipe is!
If you make this recipe, please don’t forget to tag me in your creations on Instagram @nothangryanymore. I love seeing them!
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 120 g rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (i love using ceylon cinnamon here)
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp almond flakes
- 2 medjool dates
- 1 orange
- 400 g oat milk
- maple syrup (optional)
- Add the oats, cinnamon, cardamom, chia seeds and almond flakes into your breakie bowl or a tupperware.
- Roughly chop the medjool dates and add them to the bowl.
- Segment the oranges and add them to the bowl, squeeze the juice of the leftover orange into the bowl too.
- Now add the oat milk and stir everything together. Put a lid or a flat plate onto your bowl and let it rest in the fridge overnight.
- Enjoy the next morning for breakie. Feel free to add some maple syrup for extra festiveness!