This crispy chickpea salad makes a fabulous lunch or light dinner. It’s wholesome, delicious and has lots of different flavours and textures. The crispy chickpeas and blanched green beans give it some crunch, while the avocado adds creaminess.
It’s great for meal prepping and a perfect way to use crispy chickpeas. The entire salad only requires 10 ingredients and is pretty easy to make. You have time to prepare all the other ingredients while the chickpeas are roasting in the oven. If I use the salad as weekday lunches then I like to cook everything ahead of time and put the salad into individual containers. With the exception of the avocado. As we all know, avocado has a short lifetime between being underripe and overripe and oxidises once it’s been cut open. That’s why I prefer to add just before I eat the salad.
If you’re looking for more delicious and salads, make sure to also check out these:
- Soba Noodle Salad with Smoked Tofu
- Quinoa and Pumpkin Salad
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Crispy Black Beans
I hope you enjoy this crispy chickpea salad. Please let me know how you go and don’t forget to tag me @nothangryanymore in your creations on Instagram. Seeing them makes my day!
Crispy Chickpea, Quinoa and Green Bean Salad
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g green beans
- 150 g quinoa
- 300 g water
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 1 handful parsley leaves
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado
- salt to taste (I like to use salt flakes here, but regular salt will do too)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Place them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Add the salt and olive oil and give everything a good mix. Roast the chickpeas at 180°C fan for 25-30 minutes until they're crispy.
- Heat up a pot of water. Trim the green beans and both ends. Once the water is boiling, blanch the green beans for 1-1.5 minutes until they are bright green.
- Rinse the green beans with cold water immediately after blanching or put them into an ice bath until they're fully cooled down.
- Using the same pot, add the quinoa and 300g water. Cook the quinoa on medium heat for about 12 minutes until the little seeds have opened up. Then, turn off the heat and add a lid. Let the quinoa steam for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the cooled green beans into 1cm pieces.
- Once everything is cooked/roasted, add the crispy chickpeas, green beans and quinoa into a salad bowl together with the parsley and mint leaves.
- Cut the avocado into chunks and juice 1/2 lime. Add both to the salad and give the salad a good mix until everything is combined.
- Taste the salad and season it with some extra salt and/or more lime juice.