This Peach Galette is absolutely delightful. It’s sweet, delicious, fruity and one of my favourite summer desserts. I love any kind of stone fruit and you really can’t go wrong with peaches paired with pastry.
The galette has a classic, effortless look. Between the pastry and the sliced peaches is a mixture of almond meal and brown sugar. This gives the galette a bit of a base. The mixture is able to soak up some of the juices of the baked peaches and the flavour of the caramelised almond goes really well with the peaches. Another great thing about this peach galette is that you don’t need to clean and grease any baking dish. Simply build the galette on a baking tray lined with baking paper. This dessert is beautiful by itself but even better when served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
If you’re looking for more delicious summer desserts, make sure to also check out these:
I hope you enjoy making and eating this peach galette. Please let me know how you go in the comments and don’t forget to tag me @nothangryanymore on Instagram. I love seeing them!
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 150 g flour
- 40 g cold plant-based butter
- 10 g caster sugar
- 40 g water
- 50 g almond meal
- 20 g coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 700 g peaches
- 3/4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp caster sugar
Serve with plant based vanilla ice cream.
- Add the flour and salt to a bowl and mix.
- Dice the cold plant-based butter into small cubes. Add it to the flour then rub the butter and flour between your fingers until combined.
- Now, add the water and mix it into the butter/flour mixture. Knead the dough until combined.
- Rest the dough for 1 hour or overnight.
- Once rested, sprinkle a little flour onto a flat surface and roll out the dough to a large circle. The dough should be about 0.5cm thick.Place the rolled out dough onto baking paper inside a baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan.
- Mix the almond meal and coconut sugar in a bowl. Evenly distribute the mixture on top of the rolled out pastry, leaving about 3cm space on the outside of the circle.
- Cut the peaches into slices (about 0.2cm thick). Add them to a bowl together with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and give them a toss.
- Now, place the slices on top of the almond/sugar mixture in a "sunflower shape" (see image).
- Fold the naked pastry on the outside toward the middle of the galette.
- Add 1/2 tsp olive oil into a small dish and with a brush, apply the olive oil onto the folded over pastry.
- Finally, sprinkle some caster sugar (1/2 tbsp) on top of the pastry.
- Bake the galette for 40 minutes at 180°C fan.
- Serve the galette hot with a scoop of your favourite plant based vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!