These vegan pancakes are so easy to make, I could probably make them with my eyes closed. I mean, I wouldn’t actually do that. After all making pancakes still requires a hot fry pan and I really don’t want to risk getting burnt.
Back to the pancakes. These pancakes are our go to on a slow weekend morning. While I love a good blueberry pancake, they do take a bit longer to prepare. These easy pancakes however, require only 6 ingredients and the batter is made within a few minutes. And even though they’re incredibly easy to make, they are super fluffy and delicious.
I love to serve my pancakes with maple syrup (obviously) and sometimes a little bit of vegan butter, fresh berries and/or caramelised bananas. Of course, if you happen do have a vegan chocolate spread in your cupboard then that would also make a great pancake topping.
If you’re looking for more sweet breakfast recipes, make sure to check out these:
I hope you enjoy making and eating these vegan pancakes. Please let me know how you go and don’t forget to tag me in your creations on Instagram @nothangryanymore. I love seeing them!
The easiest vegan pancakes
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 350 g plant based milk (I use soy milk)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 250 g flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- rice bran oil or neutral oil for frying
- Combine the plant based milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla bean paste in a bowl or jug. Stir and let sit for 1-2 minutes.
- In the meantime combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate mixing bowl.
- Now, pour the liquid into the dry ingredients while whisking. Mix everything together until combined. Don't panic if there are a few small lumps left after mixing.
- Heat up a fry pan and add a drizzle of oil.
- Add one ladle of batter into the pan. Let cook until bubbles appear on the top. Then flip the pancakes and let it cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes until golden in colour.
- Repeat the above process until the batter has been used up.
- Serve the pancakes with maple syrup, vegan butter and/or fresh fruit.