These easy 7-ingredient muesli bars make a great pick-me-up snack. Personally, I especially love the cacao nibs in these muesli bars as they add a lovely crunch to the muesli bar and have a nice chocolate-y flavour after baking.
To ensure that the muesli bars hold together and don’t crumble apart too much, I have used rice malt syrup. You could substitute this with another sticky sugary product such as golden syrup or date syrup. However, do not substitute the rice malt syrup with maple syrup as maple syrup is too liquid and not sticky enough.
These muesli bars are perfect for anyone who likes to prepare snacks for the week ahead. Whether you like a snack between study sessions, at work or on a hike – these bars won’t disappoint. Once the muesli bars are baked and cooled down, they can be stored in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
If you’re after more delicious snacks, make sure to also check out these recipes:
I hope you enjoy these easy 7-ingredient muesli bars. Please let me know how you go and don’t forget to tag me @nothangryanymore in your creations on Instagram. I love seeing them!
Easy 7-Ingredient Muesli Bars
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 250 g rolled oats
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 50 g white sesame seeds
- 50 g cacao nibs
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 40 g neutral oil (e.g. canola oil, rice bran oil, sunflower oil)
- 100 g rice malt syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan. Grease a small baking dish and line it with baking paper.
- Add the rolled oats, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, cacao nibs and salt into a bowl and mix.
- Now, add the neutral oil and mix it with the dry ingredients.
- Finally, add the rice malt syrup. Mix until everything is evenly combined.
- Firmly press the mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake at 180°C fan for 35 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool down before cutting the block of muesli into 8 muesli bars. The bars can be stored in a closed container at room temperature for up to 1 week.