This simple hummus is incredibly easy to make, super creamy and absolutely delicious. It only requires 6 ingredients to make and a few minutes of your time. This hummus is one of those dishes that I just can’t get enough of. It’s great for serving to guests and a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
I love adding sundried tomatoes and toasted pine nuts to my hummus, but feel free to add something different. You could swap the sundried tomatoes for fresh cherry tomatoes or use dukkah instead of the toasted pine nuts. You can serve this hummus together with flatbreads and freshly cut veggies. Otherwise, try adding it to a wrap or a nourish bowl.
I make my hummus in a Vitamix. However, if you don’t have a high-powered blender, I’d recommend you use a food processor instead in order to get it as smooth as possible.
If you’re making this hummus as part of a bigger spread, you might also like to add these dishes to your table:
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please let me know how you go in the comments and don’t forget to tag me @nothangryanymore in your creations on Instagram. I love seeing them!
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 40 g hulled tahini
- 30 g lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 200 g water
- 100 g olive oil
- 1 tbsp pine nuts toast for a few minutes in a fry pan
- 1 tbsp sundried tomatoes cut into strips
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 pinch cracked pepper
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, salt and water into a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Once the hummus is approaching your desired "smoothness", slowly pour in the olive oil while continuing to blend.
- Serve the hummus with toasted pine nuts, sundried tomatoes, fresh parsley and cracked pepper or anything else you desire.