This Summer Quiche makes a fabulous light lunch or dinner. It’s packed with vegetables including capsicum, spring onion and cherry tomatoes. You can serve the quiche by itself or with a green side salad. Either way, it’s simply delicious. Personally, I think my favourite part are the roasted cherry tomatoes on the top. After baking they become little umami bombs – yum!
The filling contains firm tofu which is blended together with cornflour, turmeric, nutritional yeast and a few other ingredients before the vegetables are folded in.
For the pastry, you can either make your own or use a store bought one. Personally, I think that this pastry dough goes really well with the filling. However, I could imagine that a puff pastry would also be very tasty (I have not tried that though!).
If you’re after more delicious lunch ideas, make sure to also check out these recipes:
- Soba Noodle Salad with Smoked Tofu
- 8 Ingredient Roasted Fennel Salad with Avocado and Orange
- Roasted Carrot and Lentil Salad
I hope you enjoy this summer quiche. Please let me know how you go in the comments and don’t forget to tag me in your creations on Instagram @nothangryanymore. I love seeing them!
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 300 g pastry dough
- 250 g medium firm tofu
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp corn flour
- 80 g plant based milk (I like to use soy)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 spring onions
- 1 small red capsicum
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
- cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan and grease a pie dish.
- Add the tofu, smoked paprika, ground turmeric, salt, corn flour, plant based milk, olive oil, nutritional yeast, onion powder and dried oregano into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Finely slice the spring onion and cut the capsicum into small pieces. Fold them into the quiche filling
- Roll out the pastry dough and place it into the greased pie dish.
- Pour in the quiche filling and use a spatula to even out the filling.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place them (cut side up) on top of the filling.
- Season with cracked pepper.
- Bake the quiche for 35 minutes at 180°C fan. Serve warm.