As of last week, Jeremy and I decided to try out a vegan diet. So far I love it as I feel it makes me a lot more creative in the kitchen, plus it makes me feel pretty good eating plant-based. These vegan almond choc chip cookies are my first ever cookies that I made with a flax egg and I think they were delicious. We ate three batches of those cookies in the last week and so I should warn you that they disappear very quickly. Anyway, I hope you enjoy making these as much as you will love eating them afterwards!
If you make them, please let me know in the comments and don’t forget to tag me in your creations on Instagram @nothangryanymore.
Vegan Almond Choc Chip Cookies
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 250 g almonds or almond butter make sure it’s 100% almonds
- 1 flax egg = 1tbsp flax meal mixed with 3tbsp water and left aside for 5 minutes
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 70 g coconut blossom sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 30 g cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 80 g dark vegan choc chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan and prepare two sheets of baking paper.
- If there is no store-bought or pre-made almond butter around, put the whole almonds into a food processor together with 4-5 tbsp (or maybe even more) of water. Process until the almonds are soft/the mix turned into butter. This process might take 5-10 minutes.
- Prepare the flax egg and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- Add everything into a big bowl except for the chocolate chips. Mix the ingredients; it takes a bit of strength as the batter is quite thick. Once it’s mixed, add the choc chips and mix them in too.
- Take out a tablespoon of batter, roll it in your hands and put it on the paper. I fit 6 cookies on each paper. Once this is done, put the first tray into the oven and bake for 7-8minutes. If your oven is big enough and you have two trays, you can put them into the oven at the same time.
- After 7-8minutes take the cookies out of the oven and leave to cool down for around 10 minutes.