Eat the rainbow! After this motto I have created the ultimate rainbow salad recipe. This salad is packed with goodness. Not only does it look awesome but I promise you, you’ll be full of energy afterwards.
It’s extremely simple to make and takes next to no time. It’s also quite versatile as you can easily swap out ingredients if they’re not in season wherever in the world you are. Jeremy and I love it on its own as it makes a really healthy and fresh lunch but it works just as well as a side dish.
We usually eat it straight out of the bowl together. It’s fun to eat a salad while fighting with chopsticks over the best bits and most of the time we’re so excited to eat that we don’t want to waste time serving up on extra plates.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe. Please let me know how it goes and tag us on Instagram @nothangryanymore.
Rainbow Salad Bowl
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 110 g Carrots (about 2 small carrots)
- 150 g Cherry Tomatoes
- 150 g Red Cabbage (about 1/8 of a cabbage)
- 250 g Paw Paw (1/2 of a large paw paw)
- 1 Avocado
- 60 g Kale
- 1/2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Juice from a fresh Lemon
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- Salt, Pepper to taste
- Peel half of a paw paw and chop it into chunks. Put it into the salad bowl.
- Peel the carrots and keep peeling them to get small carrot peels for your salad and add them to the bowl.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and add them to the bowl.
- Chop up the red cabbage and add to the bowl.
- Cut the kale into pieces, wash it and add it to a separate, smaller bowl. Add 1/2 tsp of olive oil to it and massage the kale for 1-2 minutes. Then add it to the big salad bowl as well.
- Cut the avocado in half, take out the stone and add in on top of the salad. Top the avocado with some sesame seeds. Then season it with some fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper or any salad sauce you like.