Recently I have been a lot more active. Along with this, I’m back to eating very healthy food. Having said that, I don’t think I ever had an extremely unhealthy diet but there is always room to improve.
Today’s recipe is my go-to green smoothie. I love having one of these after a workout or just whenever I’m craving something light and fresh.
This Green Ginger Smoothie is super healthy and refreshing. It’s made of only five ingredients and is absolutely fool-proof. If you are a protein powder kinda person, you could add some plant-based protein powder to this smoothie for an extra nutritional boost.
Please let me know if you try this recipe and tag us on Instagram @nothangryanymore.
Hope you enjoy it!
Green Ginger Smoothie
- 1 Banana (about 170g)
- 280 g Pineapple (about 1/2 pineapple)
- 330 ml Coconut Water
- 10 g Ginger (about 1x2cm piece)
- 100 g Spinach
- Cut the pineapple and banana into pieces and add to your food processor or blender. Add the spinach and coconut water too.
- Grate the ginger into the food processor/blender.
- Process the ingredients for 1-2 minutes until nicely blended. Poor into glasses and enjoy!
- Don't worry if you can see some spinach bits after you blended the smoothie. The better your blender the finer your smoothie, but believe me, it's still going to taste great even if you can spot some bits.
- If you like your smoothie cold, swap the fresh pineapple or banana with frozen ones.