Can’t decide what to have for dinner tonight, but kind of feel like you want (or should) eat something healthy? This Roast Chickpea Nourish Bowl is not only going to fill you up, but is also really healthy, delicious and easy to make.
This recipe I literally made up while trying to use whatever I could find in the fridge which means it is very easy to adapt to whatever you have at home – yey!
Turmeric roast chickpeas are probably one of my favourite protein fueled snacks and I love adding them to my nourish bowls and salads. Turmeric is a very strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory and really great for you. Plus I love its colour! I’ve also added fresh tomato and spinach, roast sweet potato and zucchini as well as pumpkin and sunflower seeds. There is also some avocado and a really easy apple cider vinegar and tahini sauce.
I hope you like this recipe and if you do, please let us know and tag your creations on Instagram @nothangryanymore.
Turmeric Roast Chickpea Nourish Bowl
(Click on the stars to vote!)
- 1 orange sweet potato (about 450g)
- 1 zucchini (about 150g)
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 75 g spinach
- 2 small tomatoes (about 60g each)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small avocado (around 80g)
- salt, pepper
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Optional: fresh peppermint
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp water
- salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Wash the sweet potato and zucchini. Cut the sweet potato in small cubes and the zucchini in half circles. Mix in a baking dish together with 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Bake for 35 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, rinse and drain chickpeas and mix together with turmeric and 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl. Then add to a lined baking tray and put in the oven. Bake everything (including sweet potato/zucchini) for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice tomatoes and avocado and add together with spinach to a bowl. Once sweet potato, zucchini and chickpeas are done, add them to the bowl as well. Top with sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, fresh mint and sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
- Mix apple cider vinegar, tahini and water. Season with salt and pepper and pour on top of nourish bowl.